At our world-class clinic in Ottawa, Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening is one of our more common non-surgical treatments. Fibroblast treatment is a safe, non-invasive investment in smoother, more youthful skin. Our team of surgical and non-surgical experts at Ottawa Plastic Surgery strive for natural-looking results in our Ottawa skin tightening patients and place patient saftey as one of our top priorities. Below, we’ve included information on the revolutionary treatment that our patients have been extremely enthusiastic about! If you have any questions or would like to book an appointment please contact us today!
What is Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening?
As our skin ages, it becomes more lax and often begins to sag. Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening retracts and tightens skin as an alternative to surgical procedures such as a facelift. Fibroblast treatment uses plasma, an ionized gas, to tighten skin without causing damage to surrounding tissues. This tissue retraction and tightening creates results that are often comparable to surgery – but without downtime!
Who are the Best Candidates for Fibroblast Treatment?
Below, we’ve included patients that we see on a day-to-day basis. It’s important to understand what the treatment can and cannot do and who the best candidates are:
- Candidates typically have started to notice sagging in their face and neck
- Many of our patients are looking for skin tightening, but not ready (or interested) in surgery
- Candidates should be in good overall health
- Candidates should have realistic expectations
- Many of our patients experience wrinkles and fine lines
- Some candidates have stretch marks
- Acne scarring is one common reason that patients receive fibroblast
What are the Benefits of Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening?
Our patients have been obsessed with our skin tightening treatments. Our nonsurgical team has decades of experience using state-of-the-art anti-aging technology to help our patients feel and look younger. Below, we’ve included some of the main advantages of our skin tightening procedure that we’ve seen first-hand.
- Most importantly, this treatment provides more self-confidence for our patients
- The treatment is great for reducing fine lines, wrinkles, and stretch marks
- Fibroblast is often used as a nonsurgical solution for facelifts, as it tightens lax skin in the face
- As opposed to a facelift, skin tightening treatments have a much quicker recovery time
- This treatment is much less expensive than a facelift or other surgical options
What to Expect on the Day of my Fibroblast Treatment?
When you arrive at our clinic on the day of the procedure, it’s recommended that you don’t wear any makeup on the desired treatment area. After you’re made perfectly comfortable in the treatment room we’ll provide a topical numbing agent, so that the procedure should be pain-free.
Once the treatment begins, you may experience some heat and slight irritation. Depending on the area, the entire process usually takes between 10-40 minutes. We’ll use the fibroblast tip spaced closely together on the desired areas.
What can I Expect after a Fibroblast Treatment?
Our patients have a lot of questions about recovery. Below, we’ve included information on what to expect after the treatment and measures that you can take to make yourself more comfortable.
- Most patients experience a sensation similar to a sunburn following their treatment. This feeling generally resolves within a few hours.
- It’s natural for some swelling and puffiness to occur. This is the body’s natural response to heal the treated area. The swelling usually subsides after a few days.
- Some moisture seeping from the skin is also natural; the body produces this plasma as the skin heals.
- You may notice your skin develops dark dots, or “carbon crusts” which begin to flake off several days later as your skin sheds this outer layer. This is a sign that your body is having a healthy response to the treatment.
- After your skin has shed, you may think you’re seeing the final result – but just wait! Remember that it takes four weeks to trigger collagen and elastin production, and eight weeks to see the full final results. Enjoy the process and the results as they appear.
What are some Fibroblast aftercare Measures I can take?
- If you still feel discomfort after a few hours, anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen or antihistamines can help with symptoms.
- Apply ice packs to swollen areas to reduce puffiness and ease discomfort.
- Keep the treated area clean and dry. Use a mild, unscented glycerin soap in the morning and evening.
For effective healing and prevention:
- Allow scabs to fall away on their own. Don’t pick at your skin, especially if it has formed a crust. This will naturally go away and touching it yourself can cause scarring or infection.
- Use sunscreen with a high SPF, especially for the first three months following treatment.
- Avoid makeup while your skin is healing. We know this can be difficult – but know that it means you’ll see the best results as your skin heals without disruption.
Many patients achieve their desired results after just one fibroblast treatment, but you may wish to consider making a second appointment six to eight weeks after your initial procedure. Each treatment provides results that last for up to two years.
While you’re healing, remember why you chose this treatment for yourself and look forward to the long-lasting results that will follow!
How Much Does Fibroblast Cost in Ottawa?
The cost of fibroblast plasma skin tightening in Ottawa will vary on several factors, most importantly the treatment areas. The best way to get the most accurate cost will be to schedule a consultation with our experienced team of aestheticians. During the consultation, we’ll be able to answer any questions and provide our expert recommendations.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you’d like to book a consultant for fibroblast plasma skin tightening in Ottawa please contact us today. We look forward to exploring effective solutions for anti-aging and helping you uncover the best aesthetic version of yourself.