Do you have concerns about the appearance of your eye area?
How our eyes appear can directly affect how people perceive us – and the assumptions they make about us. As we age, it’s natural for the area under our eyes to appear more hollow, for eyelids to sag, puffy pockets to appear around the eyes, or dark circles to appear.
Do you often look more tired than you feel?
When your body’s collagen and elastin production slows down, your skin loses elasticity and firmness. As a result, you may notice that your eyelids droop or sag in a way you hadn’t noticed before. But aging isn’t the only factor when it comes to our delicate eye area – genetic factors, sun damage, harsh cleansers, dry skin, or rubbing of the eye area over time can all be catalysts for aesthetic concerns.
What can I do if I’m concerned about the appearance of my eyelids or eye area?
Have you just recently begun noticing changes to the appearance of your eye area? Start by introducing some new habits to your routine. If you’re not ready to consider procedures or surgical procedures, there are steps you can take to both protect your eyes and remedy concerns about the way they appear.
• Be gentle! Consider how delicate the tissue surrounding your eyes is. If you’ve made rubbing your eyes a habit or if you frequently use hard contact lenses that irritate your eyes, this is a great time to reconsider. Our eye area needs extra care and gentle treatment.
• Nourish your skin from the inside out. As we get older, it’s even more important to hydrate and to be sure that our skin is getting the nutrients that it needs. Consider taking a supplement; especially one that includes collagen, magnesium, or zinc, which can all benefit your skin’s health and appearance.
• Reconsider your skincare routine. Avoid harsh cleansers, and prioritize medical grade ingredients. Introduce a rich eye cream that works while you sleep!
Do you have consistent or serious concerns about your eye area?
You may want to consider eyelid surgery to permanently treat and remedy your concerns. Eyelid surgery typically involves surgically reducing and tightening the excess skin, fat and muscle of the eyelids, and can be tailored to an individual’s specific concerns.
Lower Blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure that addresses concerns about your under eye area, such as pockets of fat or lax skin. This procedure can restore a taut, symmetrical appearance to your eyes.
Upper Blepharoplasty addresses the upper eye area and can remedy the skin and fat that often begins sagging over our eyes with age, resulting in a youthful, well-rested appearance.
Unsure about blepharoplasty or surgical options?
Consider a non-surgical option!
• Dermal fillers can restore volume or fullness to areas that appear gaunt or hollow.
• BOTOX® Cosmetic and other neuromodulators relax the muscles in your face to smooth wrinkles, including crow’s feet and frown lines.
Do you have questions? Book a consultation at Ottawa Plastic Surgery!
Come in for an appointment and let’s discuss your questions and concerns. We’d love to walk you through your options and explore the possibilities to restore your eye area. We’re passionate about finding the right solution for you.