Introduction to Breast Implant Revision Surgery
At our world-class practice in Ottawa, breast implant revision surgery is a very rewarding procedure that we’re able to provide our patients. Getting breast implants is always an exciting surgical treatment, but at certain times and for different reasons, some patients need alterations to the original work done. This can be due to dissatisfaction with the size or placement, or because the breast implants were done several years ago, or at times, by a surgeon who didn’t provide optimal results. Whatever the reason, Ottawa plastic Surgery is excited to help you feel great in your implants and restore confidence in the way you look and feel!
Our Ottawa breast implant revision patients find that we offer some of the best results and always provide exceptional care and customer service.
What is Breast Implant Revision?
Breast implant revision is a highly personalized procedure that can vary significantly from patient to patient. There are a variety of reasons a woman may decide to pursue a breast revision, including:
- Dissatisfaction with size
- Significant scar tissue
- Breast asymmetry
- Capsular contracture
- Deflated or ruptured implants
- Correct rippling or folding of implants
- Rotation of implants
- Implants sitting too low
- Update implant material
- Refresh results after pregnancy, breastfeeding, or weight fluctuation
Our Breast Implant Revision Expertise in Ottawa
- Dr. Silverman and Dr. Boyd are breast implant revision experts, having performed over 10,000 aesthetic surgeries
- Ottawa Plastic Surgery is an award-winning clinic. Dr. Silverman is included as one of the 3 best plastic surgeons in Ottawa.
- Dr. Silverman and Dr. Boyd are both fully certified by the Royal College of Physicians of Canada.
- Dr. Silverman is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Dr. Silverman has been hand-selected as a Top Doc.
- Ottawa Plastic surgery is the first and only clinic in Ottawa that has a sole focus on aesthetic surgery
Breast Implant Revision at First Glance
- Surgery Time: Time will vary on the extent of the surgery
- Price: $10,500+
- Recovery: Most patients return home on the day of surgery
- Results: Immediately. However, the final results will take a few months as the swelling goes down.
What are the Benefits of Breast Implant Revision?
Breast implant revision can have multiple advantages. Depending on the patient, the surgery will have different benefits. Below, we’ve included some of the advantages we’ve seen first-hand:
- The surgery can improve the sizing of your breasts
- The surgery can change the position of the implants
- Breast Implant revision can restore self-confidence in the clothes that you wear and how you see yourself
- The surgery can provide more balance for your breasts
Who are the Best Candidates for Breast Implant Revision?
As the leading breast surgery clinic in Ottawa, we’ve had the great benefit of treating thousands of patients for aesthetic breast surgeries. Below, we’ve included some of the candidates for the treatment:
- Candidates should be in good overall physical health
- Candidates should not smoke cigarettes, vape, or marijuana
- Candidates should have realistic expectations about what breast implant revision can accomplish
- The best candidates have had breast implants and are dissatisfied with them
What’s the First Step?
The first step to getting breast implant revision in Ottawa is to schedule a consultation. Dr. Silverman or Dr. Boyd will want to meet with you in our office to discuss the surgery, answer questions, and do a full assessment. We are strong believers that education about any surgical procedure is extremely important, and the consultation is when we’ll walk you through every step of the process.
Please be very honest with your surgical goals and medical history with your surgeons. It’s vital that we fully understand your history and what you’re hoping to accomplish before surgery so that we can make sure we can meet your aesthetic desires.
What to Expect from Breast Implant Revision Surgery
Because the surgery is unique to each patient, your surgeon will work with you during the consultation to determine your concerns and aesthetic desires and create a surgical plan specifically tailored to your needs.
Breast revision surgery is more complex than the initial breast augmentation procedure and it is important to have realistic goals of what can be achieved with a breast revision procedure. Fortunately, our doctors have extensive experience performing complex secondary or revision surgeries, which require meticulous planning and experience to achieve successful outcomes.
Breast Implant Revision Recovery
Due to the individual nature of this surgery, recovery will vary from person to person and, depending on your specific procedure, may be shorter than after your initial breast augmentation surgery. Most patients return to regular activity after a week. In the three weeks after the surgery, you can expect to avoid vigorous activity and for your new implants (if you received new implants) to settle into place.
Why Choose Ottawa Plastic Surgery?
Ottawa Plastic Surgery is an award-winning plastic surgery practice in Ottawa. The practice which was founded by Dr. Howard Silverman is the only one in Ottawa that has a sole focus on aesthetic surgery. The surgeons have won multiple awards for their work in the field of plastic surgery and are highly recognized as some of the best breast surgeons in Ottawa.
How Much Does Breast Implant Revision Cost in Ottawa?
The cost of breast implant revision in Ottawa will depend on a number of factors. The first step is to book a consultation. During your appointment, our expert plastic surgeons will be able to answer your questions, provide their recommendations, and go over a full breakdown of the costs. We have financing options available to help manage the payment for our patients.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you’re interested in getting breast implant revision in Ottawa with our award-winning plastic surgeons, please contact us today. Our dedicated team is excited to begin this journey with you.